Location, Location, Location
Following are the guidelines to help in considering an Erbert & Gerbert’s franchise location.
Trade Area Requirements
- Daytime Employment Population greater than 6,000 within a 1 mile radius and greater than 10,000 within a 2 mile radius.
- Residential Population greater than 20,000 within a 2 mile radius.
- Median Income greater than $40,000.
- Lunch time traffic counts greater than 5,000 vehicles from 11 am until 2 pm.
- College traffic and high foot traffic will be looked at. (Universities, Area Hospitals, Clinics and other high density Demand Generators will be considered).
- Erbert & Gerbert’s have recently introduced their “Urban” concept and which will be used as each site is analyzed. The “Traditional” concept will also continue to be developed.
- Retail Centers with high visible end caps with drive-thrus are preferred. Inline space will also be considered.
- Strong regional and national brands within the center are a must.
- National “Big Box” users within the development are also very important.
- Good visibility with easy ingress and egress is a must!
- Drive-up parking preferred with maximum parking spots allowed per code.
- 500-1,800 square foot space preferred with a minimum frontage of 20-25 feet. Depends on building depth).
- Approval for Erbert & Gerbert’s sign criteria.
Vanilla Box Requirements
Landlord shall provide the following:
- Exterior Wall: insulate, GYP. Bd., tape and sand. (All exterior walls and all demising walls), 3’-0 storefront entry door and 3’-0 rear door located per tenant’s plans and specifications.
- Open ceiling with sprinkler heads (if required by code) turned up. Fire sprinklers to include a shell building system with main and branch piping in place with up-turned sprinkler heads per code. (If required).
- Smooth Level sub-floor ready to receive floor finishes.
- Landlord will give tenant advance notice of when concrete floor will be poured so plumbing and electrical underground work can be completed first.
- 400 amp, 3 phase four wire 120/208v electrical service with 42 pole panel located within demised premises.
- HVAC equivalent to one ton per 200 sf (southern climate), 300 sf/ton northern climate with manufacturer’s warranty.
- 1 inch water supply stubbed into space with backflow device. 4 inch Sewer stubbed into back area of space.
- 2 ADA compliant restrooms with walls ready for paint and ceiling finishes per tenant’s plans and specifications or a build-out allowance of $14,000.
- Minimum 10 foot high ceilings (Higher preferred).
- All service tap fees, impact fees and development fees shall be the responsibility of the landlord.
- 5 year lease terms with a 5 year option (Minimum).
- First Right of Refusal by Corporate.