E&G 30th Birthday Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Erbert & Gerbert’s 30th Birthday Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Texas who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Erbert & Gerbert’s Sandwich Shop, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and a scratch off game (the “Game”).
2. Sponsor: Erbert & Gerbert’s Sandwich Shop, 5828 Arndt Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on April 30, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 24, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
a. Purchase a Combo Meal at Erbert & Gerbert’s: During the Promotion Period, visit an Erbert & Gerbert’s store location during regular store hours and purchase a combo meal, which includes a regular sandwich, drink with chips and/or soup, to receive a scratch off card (“Scratch Off Card”). Kids meal, couple up, online orders or catering are not eligible for a Scratch Off Card. Once you obtain a Scratch Off Card, scratch the surface to reveal if you have won a Game prize. The Scratch Off Card will also include a code (“Code”). Once you obtain a Code, visit www.erbertandgerberts.com/30thbirthday and complete and submit the registration form including a valid home address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted) and Code. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Mail-In Method of Entry:
i. From April 30, 2018 to June 10, 2018, to enter without making a purchase, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Erbert & Gerbert’s 30th Birthday Giveaway,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5941, Department # 835769, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5941. You will receive one (1) Scratch Off Card to the address indicated on your self-addressed, stamped envelope. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by June 11, 2018 and received by June 15, 2018. Administrator will fulfill a Scratch Off Card within 7 business days of receiving the request, by mail. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Once you obtain a Scratch Off Card, scratch the surface to reveal if you have won a Game prize. The Scratch Off Card will also include a code (“Code”). Once you obtain a Code, visit www.erbertandgerberts.com/30thbirthday and complete and submit the registration form including a valid home address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted) and Code. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
ii. From June 11, 2018 to June 24, 2018, to enter without making a purchase, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper. You must also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Then, mail the 3” x 5” piece of paper and the stamped envelope in an envelope with proper postage to “Erbert & Gerbert’s 30th Birthday Giveaway,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5941, Department # 835769, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5941. You will receive one (1) Scratch Off Card to the address indicated on your self-addressed, stamped envelope. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by June 25, 2018 and received by July 2, 2018. Administrator will fulfill a Scratch Off Card within 14 business days of receiving the request, by mail. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
By sending in the mail in entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Once you obtain a Scratch Off Card, scratch the surface to reveal if you have won a Game prize.
Limit: Each entrant may enter/play fifteen (15) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners, from all eligible entries on or around July 9, 2018. Game: One hundred fifty thousand (150,000) random Scratch Off Cards will be distributed during the Promotion Period. If you receive a winning Scratch Off Card, you can redeem your prize by submitting the Scratch Off Card to a Erbert & Gerbert’s associate at a participating Erbert & Gerbert’s store on or before July 24, 2018.
6. All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor or administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the GAME or sweepstakes SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, AND the potential GAME WinnER and/or sweepstakes winner have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. any play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective play, is void and will not be honored.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to provide any requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Game prizes will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prizes: THIRTY (30) GRAND PRIZES: A coupon booklet containing fifty-two (52) free product coupons each good for one (1) free sandwich at Erbert & Gerbert’s. Terms and conditions of coupons apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $370.24. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize per person.
One (1) free Sandwich at Erbert & Gerbert’s
Odds of winning are 1:6.67.
One (1) free drink at Erbert & Gerbert’s
Odds of winning are 1:6.67.
One (1) free pickle at Erbert & Gerbert’s
Odds of winning are 1:6.67.
One (1) free cookie at Erbert & Gerbert’s
Odds of winning are 1:6.67.
One (1) free bag of chips at Erbert & Gerbert’s
Odds of winning are 1:6.67.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $399,607.20.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2HJ8gT3. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2018 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.